Pages

Saturday 29 March 2014

Back to Blogging!!

Wow I cant believe it is October since I last posted on my blog, no excuses really other than we have been setting up a new website and I have been concentrating on building up a very nice following on my facebook wildlife photography page, if you are interested in taking a look the links are below.

Gary Jones Wildlife Photography Facebook page
Portraits of Nature - My Website

My last trip out with the camera was one of my favourite sites, RSPB Leighton Moss. We had taken the long drive up to hopefully see the Otters and Marsh Harriers, and hopefully some of the Red Deer. Sadly we only got to see one of the three, but we had some great views of a Male Marsh Harrier and two females, not close enough for great Photos, but it was magical watching them hunt over the reed beds.

_DSC0762

_DSC0815

lost of flight action with the Greylag Geese

_DSC0836

_DSC0863

rarely get a chance to get Lapwing shots as they are rarely still, but this one posed nicely

_DSC0549

Common and noisy, but I still love photographing Greylags

_DSC0425

Lots of Black Headed Gulls, and lots of bickering going on

_DSC0363

Another bird I really enjoy seeing in front of the camera are Pheasants, lots of lovely vibrant colours

_DSC0072

Great Crested Grebe, just surfaced from a feeding dive

_DSC0006

Cormorant perched a drying out

_DSC0001

A great few hours spent up in Silverdale, whats next on the agenda.......Dippers!!


3 comments:

  1. Perfect!!!!!! Each are superb too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back to blogland Gary, great set of images especially the ones of the Marsh Harrier...[;o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful photos Gary ... I don't think I've ever seen a lapwing close up like this.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary