Pages

Wednesday 14 August 2013

Raptors

To continue on catching up from the last few months of non-blogging, if there are birds that I really enjoy photographing then it has to be Birds of Prey, and I really must make a more concerted effort to get out and photograph them some more. I have an ongoing wish list, near the top are Barn Owls and Short Eared owls, just need to locate some!!
For now are a few shots from the last few months...

First up is a beautiful Kestrel, this taken at RSPB Burton Mere

_DSC6654

Next up is of a male Sparrowhawk taken from the kitchen window, this bird actively hunts in the garden

_DSC1375

One of my favourites, and a bird I really want to get out and photograph a lot more, Barn Owl, this is a captive bird.

_DSC6461

and lastly, one of the conservation successes of previous years, the Common Buzzard

_DSC4879

1 comment:

  1. Hi Gary

    are you in the Preston area? I know of fairly reliable Barn Owl that you could have a crack at. If you contact me privately, I could point you in the right direction. It's one that I've just located. Superb Sparrowhawk image; love the gorgeous background.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary