Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

Red Kites - Gigrin Farm

Its been a while since I have had an opportunity to get a blog post on, life getting in the way!!! But at last I've been able to sort through the 1600+ shots I took recently at Gigrin Farm, and those stunning Red Kites. We travelled down to Gigrin Farm, via a morning walk up Cadair Idris to Llyn Cau, the morning weather was a bit murky but as we left the mountain to travel down the afternoon got better and better, with clear blue skies when we arrived. For anyone that hasn't visited Gigrin, I would really recommend it, until this visit I had only ever seen the occasional Red Kite from a distance, but when the feeding begins here there are hundreds of them in the air all around you, and at times I just didn't know where to point the camera, the difficulty being they swoop so quick but the auto focus on the D300S is pretty good when locked on so I managed to get some decent shots, with the bonus of some decent Buzzard shots. I've have posted a selection below

_DSC4951

_DSC4943

_DSC4879

_DSC4872

_DSC4848

_DSC4730

_DSC4520

_DSC4122

_DSC4040

_DSC4018

_DSC3951

_DSC3940

_DSC3908

_DSC3904

_DSC3897

_DSC3896

_DSC3887

_DSC3544

_DSC3478

_DSC3409

_DSC3369

_DSC3366

_DSC3242

5 comments:

  1. Gary.You certainly "filled you boots" at Gigrin Farm with a series of magnificent shots of red kites and buzzards. I must make the pilgrimage one day!! ...well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a real pain - the time issue isn't it Gary! Brilliant images here. I especially like the calling Kite.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really fabulous shots Gary.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It really looks like you enjoyed yourself at Gigrin Farm and the camera has been kept busy capturing brilliant images of these majestic birds,thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary