Pages

Thursday 25 February 2010

More from Marton Mere

I had a few hours to spare last week, so I went up to Marton Mere to see if I could get some clearer shots of the Long eared owls that roost there. The weather was lovely clear blue skies when I set off, but the grey clouds came over quite quickly. Nevertheless two owls were roosting and there was a clearish view through to one, although no better than the last time I went. On the way home I again called in at Newton Marsh to see what was about, lots of Wigeon and an odd Black Tailed Godwit.

The clearest shot I could get, a few minutes later it turned its back on me!

Photobucket

Dunnock

Photobucket

Blue Tit

Photobucket

A distant shot of a Kestrel scanning the field below

Photobucket

A pair of Pheasants collecting seed that dropped from the feeders above, and a zoomed in shot of the male, I just love the distinctive colours of the male Pheasant.

Photobucket

Photobucket

The male then hopped up onto one of the wire covered feeders, obviously covered in wire to keep the bigger birds and squirrels off, but it wasnt stopping this one!

Photobucket

Robin

Photobucket

After a short stay at Marton, it was homewardbound, calling in at Newton Marsh on the way home. Lots of Wigeon feeding, with the odd Black Tailed Godwit

Photobucket


Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Once I got home the sun was back out, so grabbed some shots of the Great Tits on the garden feeders, and watched with interest as they checked out the bird box, thats need straightening!

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary