Pages

Wednesday 16 September 2009

Farne Islands July 2009

I thought I would start off my new blog by posting some photos from my recent trip to the Farne Islands, a wonderful place with truly spectacular bird life, and the weather wasn't too bad either!



Photobucket



As the boat approached the cliffs they were covered in Puffins, delightful little birds full of character.

Photobucket

Photobucket



The waters around the Farnes are obviously rich in sand eels judging by the amount they were bringing in, but once landed they had to run the gauntlet of marauding gulls

Photobucket

Photobucket


That cute over the shoulder look!


Photobucket


Lots of burrows that they frequently disappeared down.




Photobucket


I think this was one of my favourite shots of the visit.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by, any comments you may have are greatly appreciated.
Gary